Welcome to Year One
Welcome to the Summer Term!
We are continuing our topic of The Seaside this half term, with a Pirate Twist! We will be doing lots of exciting things including, reading lots of pirate books, making wanted posters, creating pirate stories and looking at different types of maps, including those that lead to treasure.
Some things to remember.
- As the weather is getting better please ensure your child has a water bottle and a hat with them each day.
- Please listen to your child read as often as possible and write in their reading log the page they have read to, or if they have finished the book to inform the staff. Thank you.
- Homework is given out on a Thursday and returned on a Tuesday.
- Spellings are given out on Friday and the children will be tested the following Friday.
- Monday and Thursday are our PE days.
- Golden time will be on Thursday when your child may bring in a small, inexpensive toy to play with.
We received a box from The Atkinson containing artefacts, pictures and postcards. The children loved exploring the box and learning about how Southport has changed.