We believe that a healthy mind is as essential as a healthy body.
At St Philips we have a number of projects running to support the mental well being of our whole school family.
Staff have recently undertaken a 6 week personal mindfulness course which we are gradually aiming to role out to our whole school.
We currently have
- a "Mindful" after school club run by Mrs Anderson.
- Individual and group programmes such a volcano in my tummy, Kid skills and other published emotional well being programmes
- The focus for our Governing Board Vision and Values Commitee is Staff well being.
- Pastoral support for children, our adult workforce and our families from our Vicar
- Weekly counselling service - Brighter Horizons (by arrangement)
- We celebrate and teach about a healthy mind at regular points including spceial events such as Mental Health and Well being day.