Real PE at home – online learning resources
real PE at home includes an online programme which supports families to be active, play and learn together. For children in Key Stage 2 there are carefully selected personal best challenges, skills and games designed for the home and garden. Daily and weekly guidance is provided for both programmes in addition to an option to choose your own themes and activities.
There are so many benefits to being active, not only to our physical wellbeing but also to our emotional and mental health, especially in such testing times for all of us. We hope that the ideas help support you and your family to stay fit and healthy in the coming months. Here are the details to access real PE at home:
The website address is: home.jasmineactive.com
Parent email: email@example.com
This half term we are looking at Striking and Fielding Games.
Wednesday 22nd April/Thursday 23rd April
Activity 1 and 2 from home learning activities below (post a picture on our class blog if you get the chance,)
Try to join Joe Wicks at 9am on YouTube at least 2 times this week.
Wednesday 29th/Thursday 30th April
1. Activity 3 from the 'striking and fielding' home learning activities below (post a picture on our class blog if you get the chance,)
2. 'Three in a row' home learning activity.
Wednesday 6th May / Thursday 7th May
1. Recap the three activities from the striking and fielding document below.
2. Now try activity 4.
3. Try and have a go at some of Sports Cubed's fun challenges. They post one everyday and you can send them your score, to record for St. Philip's. You may even see me having a go!
Wednesday 13th May/ Thursday 14th May
1. Please try and have a go of the Sports Cubed challenges. St. Philip's came in 2nd position! They are great fun and a brilliant way to be involved in some competition.
2. Try activity 5 from the 'Striking and fielding' home learning document.
3. Try 'Cross the river' (see below and you might recognise it from sports day!) This would be great fun to do against another member of your family!!!!!
Wednesday 20th May / Thursday 21st May
1. Over the last few weeks you have been working on your striking and fielding skills. This week I would like you to design your own striking and fielding game and play it with your family. You could even try to write the rules of the game and email them to me - firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Try the 'Noughts and Crosses' challenge below.