St Philip’s C.E. Primary School is situated less than a mile from the centre of the famous seaside resort of Southport on Merseyside. The town mixes the elegance of Victorian architecture with the excitement of Splash World and one the country's best funfairs. It also includes an art gallery, botanical gardens, a seafront promenade, a pier, a holiday camp, parks, boating lake and long, safe sandy beaches that stretch for miles and miles. Our children have been involved in the re-design of Kings Garden and recently attended the re-opening.
The school is a one form entry school housed in a beautiful Victorian building that has been regularly updated and refurbished since it was opened in 1894. In the last two years four new classrooms have been added to the school building. During the Summer break of 2009 a new admin and headteacher's office was also added. These improvements have transformed the school and it learning environment without expanding pupil numbers which will remain at around 210.
The school has very close links with the Church of St Philip and St Paul with Wesley and both church and school are on the same site. Each serves as a rich and valued resource for the other. The children come from the communities of Central Southport. Some are from Christian and other faith backgrounds. All are welcome!